Francis A. Varrichio is a composer, arranger, orchestra leader, concert performer, and a producer of sound recordings. He works for many corporations in the New York area creating sound tracks for infomercials, tours and performs concerts for special events, live TV, and radio spots, cultural events, record labels, and love of craft. He also works, since 1984, from his own private studio, next to Rutgers University, where he brings 40 years of experience with the guitar to teach students, and make commercial sound recordings.
Pazienza, a CD on Augustine Records Label, was released February of ‘96 in the New York area. It has received air play on 7 N.Y radio stations, and has sold well at J&R Music in Manhattan, at Sam Goody, and at two dozen stores in the Northeast.
Mr. Varrichio has performed with and regularly performs with some of the greatest musicians in the N.Y area:
Bob Keller- Head of the Manhattan School of Music Woodwind Department, performs at Radio City and in Broadway Musicals: He directed the woodwind section for Barbara Streisand’s tour.
Gerry Cappuccio on woodwinds, played with Lionel Hampton, Benny Goodman, Sinatra for 10 years, author.
Gary Mazzaroppi on bass, played 10 years with The Les Paul Trio, Currently with Marian Mcpartland Trio.
Glen Davis on Drums, currently with Marian McPartland, played with the Grammy Award winning Harry Leahey Trio for Thirty Years, played with Phil Woods, Benny Goodman, Zoot Sims …
Roy Cumming on Bass, orchestra at Roberts Restaurant in N.Y., Played with the Harry Leahey Trio for Thirty Years, played with Phil Woods, Benny Goodman, Zoot Sims.
Jim Long on piano, played with Harry Leahey for twenty years, currently at The Bernard’s Inn.
The Late Dr. Daniel Schuman, Viola, Former Head of the String Department of Rutgers University.
The Late Great Harry Leahey, Grammy award winner of best Guitar Album 1977, who headed the Harry Leahey Trio, played with the Phil Woods Quintet, Benny Goodman, Zoot Simms, Johnny Smith, Lauren Hooker, Vocalist; who performed in the clubs of N.Y City: Instrumentalist, Playwright, Music Teacher, Choral Director, for the Bank Street School in N.Y. City; He created Musical Legends, an interactive educational theater group.
- Jacob Javitz Convention Center, Seybold East
- Rainbow Room, Rockafella Center, Televised Concert for The President of Spain
- Cipriani, Across from Grand Central, NYC Jazz Quartet
- Rutgers University, Solo Concert, Concert with Trio
- Good Morning America, Channel 7, w/ Bill Evans
- Cokie & Steve Roberts, ABC Weekend News Book Tour Concert
- PNC Art Center, Jazz sextet
- Merk, President and CEO Dr. Vagelos/ Private Residence Dinner/ Johnson & Johnson
- Johnson & Johnson Coporate Center, Concert Friends Health Connections
- Princeton University, Prospect House
- Belwood Mansion Jazz & Pop Sextet
- Madison Hotel, Classic Trio, Guitar, Flute & Violin
- The Marlboro Inn, Montclair
- Festival of Spain, Sponsored BY the James Beard Foundation, & The Spanish Embassy
- Sign of the Dove, NYC
- Essex House Hotel, NYC
- James Beard Foundation Mansion, NYC
- Maichu Restaurant, across from The United Nations
- Landmark on the Park, NYC
- Tavern on the Green NYC
- Central Park Boat House Cafe, NYC, Jazz & Contemporary Quartet
- Windows On The World, World Trade Center, NYC, Solo Spanish Classic Sponsored by The Spanish Embassy
- Embassy Plaza Hotel Manhattan, Family Reception of Cellist YO YO MA
- The New York Down Town Athletic Club
- Arts for America Tour, Nicholas Music Center, Rutgers University, Jazz Quartet/Classical Strings