Seminar series of nine instructional seminars, October 2020 – June 2021 at deeply discounted rates – with HPRS membership.
Make your check payable to: Highland Park Recorder Society
Bring it to a meeting or mail it to:
Highland Park Recorder Society,
c/o Donna Messer, President
431 Lincoln Ave.,
Highland Park, NJ, 08904-2728
In non-pandemic times we rehearse at the Reformed Church of Highland Park at 19 S. 2nd Avenue. The church is ADA accessible.
Benefits of joining the HPRS:
- Technique advancement through classes on the art of practicing, correct breathing, articulation, fingering, rhythm, and musicianship. We’ll use music from the concert program for our repertoire.
- The opportunity to find playing companions
- New Opportunities in 2020-2021:
- Opportunity to deepen your understanding of the historical context
- Opportunity to increase your music performance skills
- Opportunity to learn from high-level guest artists who will join Lewis
- Opportunity to improve and enhance your musicianship
- Opportunity to learn Renaissance and Baroque performance styles
- Opportunity to hear expert demonstrations of the topics taught
- Opportunity to be exposed to new music through receiving it in advance
- Opportunity to be exposed to new music through Zoom screen sharing.
- Opportunity to be “in on” experts’ dialogues on the music issues
And we encourage you to join the American Recorder Society (ARS).
Special: 1/2 price rate for first-time individual members! Get immediate access to all the information available on the ARS website. This offer is also available to ARS members who have lapsed for more than 5 years.
USA: First year $25, regularly $50 (regularly $30 for students).
Benefits of joining the American Recorder Society (ARS)
- The American Recorder, quarterly magazine
- ARS Newsletter, with a calendar of events of recorder activities world-wide
- Education Program, a guide for self-study
- Free music for recorder
- International Directory of recorder players
- Local activities through more than 90 chapters throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Summer workshops