Lewis will be assisted by guest artist Agnes Simkens, who is a specialist in baroque and modern violin. Agnes is a co-founder of Biber Baroque, and has performed with Rebel, Opera Lafayette, American Classical Orchestra, Ars Musica, La Fiocco, and the Princeton Symphony. She earned the Doctor of Music Arts degree at the Moores School of Music of the University of Houston, with a specialization in historical performance, and holds the M.Mus. degree from the Yale University School of Music, and a Bachelor’s degree from the Royal Conservatory of Music in Antwerp, Belgium. She holds a position at Montclair State University and maintains private violin teaching studios in Short Hills and Teaneck, New Jersey.
Participants are strongly encouraged to review the reading/playlist before the seminar as this will be a mostly “hands-on” learning and playing session.
- Eric Haas, The Grammar of Ornament
Available for purchase in hardcopy or download at:
- Neal Zaslaw, “Ornaments for Corelli’s Violin Sonatas, op. 5
- William Babell, Sonatas for Violin, Oboe, Flute
- Geminiani-Castrucci, Sonatas for Recorder (Sonatas 1-3, first movement only)
- G. Ph. Telemann, Metodiche Sonaten No. 1 (first movement)
If you have any questions, please email Donna Messer, President of the Highland Park Recorder Society, at email@example.com .