The Board of the Highland Park Recorder Society (HPRS) is thrilled to engage Lewis R. Baratz, Ph.D., to conduct a Master Class in Recorder Playing for all who would like to improve their playing and musicianship. Lewis Baratz is in the midst of conducting a successful Seminar Series in Early Music Performance for the HPRS for the second year, conducts the Lafayette Chamber Orchestra, and his period instrument ensemble, La Fiocco has just given a brilliant concert in PA.
Learning from watching others take a lesson is a time-honored tradition. Both participants and auditors/observers benefit.
Here is basic information on the online Master Class:
- Saturday, January 22, 2022
- 1:00-4:15 P.M.
- 12:45-1:00 – Meet and Greet. Host admits arrivals
- 1:00-1:05 – Brief Introduction of Lewis. Thanks. Reminder to mute.
- 1:10-1:45 – Player #1. 35 minutes of playing and comments from Lewis
1:45-1:50 – 5 minutes for Q and A
1:50-2:00 – 10-minute break.
- 2:00-2:35 – Player #2. 35 minutes of playing and comments from Lewis
- 2:35-2:40 – 5 minutes for Q and A and Discussion
2:40-2:45 – 5-minute break.
- 2:45-3:20 – Player #3. 35 minutes of playing and comments from Lewis.
- 3:20-3:25 – Q and A and Discussion.
3:25-3:30 – 5-minute break.
- 3:30-4:05 – Player #4. 35 minutes of playing and comments by Lewis
- 4:05-4:10 – Q and A and Discussion.
- 4:10-4:15 – Wrap-up.
- Participants who receive a 35-minute lesson with Lewis: $30.
- Auditors: $15.
Registration & Payment
The date for the Master Class has passed so the registration is no longer available but this page will remain up for archival purposes.